chocolate toffee oatmeal cookies
Happiness is a tray of freshly baked chocolate toffee oatmeal cookies! With just enough oats to win over the oatmeal cookie lovers, we start with a vanilla-brown sugar cookie dough studded with toffee bits and semisweet chocolate chips. As the cookies bake, the toffee bits melt into the dough for notes of caramel, and the cookies emerge from the oven with pockets of rich and gooey chocolate.
Sprinkled with flaky salt and topped with extra chocolate chips (the only way to live!), these cookies are the perfect taste of chocolate and toffee.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Flaky salt
- Whisk together flour, oats, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets; flatten mounds slightly and top cookies with chocolate chips, pressing gently to adhere.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 11 to 12 minutes, until edges are set. Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky salt. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: Chocolate, Toffee