Happiness is a tray of freshly baked chocolate toffee oatmeal cookies! Sprinkled with flaky salt and topped with extra chocolate chips (the only way to live!), these cookies are the perfect taste of chocolate and toffee.
Why you’ll love these chocolate toffee cookies:
With just enough oats to win over the oatmeal cookie lovers, we start with a vanilla-brown sugar cookie dough studded with toffee bits and semisweet chocolate chips.
As the cookies bake, the toffee bits melt into the dough for notes of caramel, and the cookies emerge from the oven with pockets of rich and gooey chocolate.
Best Christmas Cookies
5 Deliciously Festive Holiday Cookie Recipes!
The Best Chocolate Toffee Oatmeal Cookies
Chocolate Chips – Use high quality chocolate chips for these cookies. I use and love Ghirardelli Grand chips for the most decadent chocolate chip cookies!
Toffee Bits – I recommend Heath English Toffee Bits for plenty of toffee flavor in each bite. You can also use a coarsely chopped Heath English Toffee candy bar.
Brown Sugar – Light brown sugar or dark brown sugar are both delicious in these cookies. If you opt for dark brown sugar, the cookies will bake up slightly darker from the additional molasses.
Vanilla – A splash of pure vanilla extract add rich flavor to the brown sugar cookie dough.
Flaky Salt – A generous shower of flaky salt is the perfect finish to these cookies (and balances the rich chocolate!).
Chill the Dough – Chill this cookie dough for 1 hour before baking. The chill time intensifies the flavor and ensures that the cookies don’t overspread.
Bake – Bake the cookies for 11 to 12 minutes, rotating baking pans halfway through, until the edges and tops are golden and just set. Remove pans from the oven and let the cookies cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Make Ahead Cookies
These cookies can be made ahead for whenever a cookie craving strikes! Simply scoop the dough out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour, then transfer the dough balls to an airtight container and freeze up to 2 months. Bake cookies directly from the freezer, adding 1-2 minutes to baking time.
How to Freeze Cookies
To freeze the baked chocolate toffee cookies, let cookies cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container in the freezer. Rewarm cookies in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with flaky salt and enjoy!
Soft and chewy chocolate toffee oatmeal cookies studded with toffee bits and chocolate chips are the perfect anytime cookie!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Flaky salt
- Whisk together flour, oats, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets; flatten mounds slightly and top cookies with chocolate chips, pressing gently to adhere.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through, until edges are set. Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky salt. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Chocolate chips: I use and recommend Ghirardelli Grand Chips (extra large semisweet chocolate chips).
Cookie scoop: Use a medium cookie scoop which holds approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of cookie dough.
Make Ahead: Scoop the dough out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top with white chocolate chunks. Freeze for 1 hour, then transfer the dough balls to an airtight container and freeze up to 2 months. Bake cookies directly from the freezer, adding 1-2 minutes to baking time.
Freeze Cookies: To freeze the baked chocolate toffee cookies, let cookies cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container in the freezer and freeze up to 2 months. Rewarm cookies in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes or until heated through.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Keywords: Chocolate, Toffee, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.