The best ever chocolate toffee oatmeal cookie bars! Rich and chewy, these easy cookie bars are like your favorite oatmeal chocolate cookies.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups toffee bits
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Flaky salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, oats, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg, egg yolks, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Scrape dough into prepared pan. Use a piece of parchment paper coated with nonstick spray to press dough evenly across the bottom of the pan. Top with chocolate chips, pressing gently into the dough.
- Bake for 28 to 32 minutes, until golden and just set in the center. Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky salt. Let bars cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares with a sharp knife.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Keywords: Chocolate, Chocolate Chips, Toffee, Cookie Bars