chocolate toffee blondies
Chocolate toffee blondies are the best dessert bars! Flavored with brown butter, chocolate chips, and toffee bits, you’ll love this easy recipe. Rich and chewy, a generous amount of salt brings out the toffee essence and plenty of vanilla imparts richness.
What are blondies?
Blondies are dessert bars flavored with brown sugar and butter. These easy bars come together in about 10 minutes and are the perfect canvas for any number of mix-ins, from chocolate chips and toffee bits to white chocolate chunks, peanut butter cups, chopped nuts, and more.
How to Brown Butter
Brown butter adds rich flavor to these blondies. To make brown butter, cook butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. As the butter melts, it will start to foam. Continue cooking until the foam clears and the color changes from golden to deep brown, with a nutty aroma – this takes about 5 to 6 minutes. Alternatively, you can make these blondies with melted butter.
Chocolate toffee blondies are the best dessert bars! Flavored with brown butter, chocolate chips, and toffee bits, you’ll love this easy recipe!
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- flaky salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Cook butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until it foams, turns clear, and then turns a deep brown, about 6 minutes. Pour brown butter into a medium bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Add brown sugar to bowl and whisk until smooth. Whisk in egg, vanilla, and salt until combined. Fold in flour just until incorporated, then fold in toffee bits and chocolate chips. Scrape batter into prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper coated with nonstick spray to press batter evenly into pan; tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 26 to 30 minutes, until golden and set in the middle, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Sprinkle with flaky salt and cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully lift parchment to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Keywords: Chocolate, Toffee, Brown Butter, Blondies, Bars