- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 Tbsp hazelnut liqueur
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Blend coconut and hazelnuts in a food processor for 1 minute. Add sugar, cocoa, and salt, and blend for 1 minute. Add egg whites and hazelnut liqueur, and blend until combined; blend in melted chocolate until smooth. Chill batter for 25-30 minutes in the refrigerator, until slightly firm.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Spray a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop with nonstick spray, and scoop batter into mounds on prepared baking sheets. Top with mini chocolate chips, pressing gently to adhere.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for about 15 minutes, until cookies are slightly puffed and tops and edges are set. Cool for 15 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust macaroons with powdered sugar before serving, and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Calories: 152
- Carbohydrates: 21
Keywords: Chocolate, Hazelnut, Gluten Free