Chocolate dipped toffee blondies make the BEST Valentine’s Day treat! You’ll love these buttery heart-shaped blondies dipped in chocolate!
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- flaky salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Cook butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until it foams, turns clear, and then turns a deep brown, about 6 minutes. Pour brown butter into a medium bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar to bowl and whisk until smooth. Whisk in egg, vanilla, and salt until combined. Fold in flour just until incorporated, then fold in toffee bits and chocolate chips. Scrape batter into prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper coated with nonstick spray to press batter evenly into pan; tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 26 to 30 minutes, until golden and set in the middle, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Carefully lift parchment to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; punch out hearts with a 2-inch heart cookie cutter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl and microwave in 10-second bursts, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Dip half of each blondie in melted chocolate. Place dipped blondies on baking sheet and sprinkle with flaky salt. Let chocolate set before serving.
Keywords: Chocolate, Toffee, Blondies, Valentine's Day