Chocolate dipped Cadbury mini egg blondies are the perfect treat for Easter!
Though I am typically disciplined even when surrounded by a sea of candy and chocolate, all bets are off when it comes to Cadbury mini eggs. Those pastel eggs are like kryptonite to me; I simply can’t resist them. I almost considered an all-chocolate diet until Easter, but then common sense came crashing down upon my illusions of guilt-free consumption. 😉
So if I can’t eat all the mini eggs at once, it seems only sensible to use my stash in a more constructive way – a batch of chocolate dipped blondies!
Perfectly soft and chewy one-bowl blondies are an especially fine treat when dunked in chocolate and topped with a shower of mini eggs. And if you’re craving even more chocolate, try my Cadbury mini egg brownies!
Chocolate dipped Cadbury mini egg blondies are the perfect treat for Easter! Soft and chewy blondies dunked in chocolate and topped with mini eggs.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup Cadbury mini eggs, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Combine melted butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in flour just until incorporated. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Bake for 22 minutes, until top is set, edges are golden, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully lift parchment to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth. Dip blondies in chocolate and place on prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with chopped mini eggs. Chill baking pan in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set chocolate.
- Calories: 234
- Carbohydrates: 32
Keywords: Blondies, Bars, Chocolate, Cadbury Eggs, Mini Eggs