Chocolate chip Nutella cookie cups make the best dessert! Filled with Nutella and baked in a muffin pan, you’ll love these easy cookie cups.
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Nutella (or nut butter)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- flaky salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 12-cup standard muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a medium cookie scoop lightly coated with nonstick spray to place a scoop of cookie dough into each muffin cup. Spray the bottom of a measuring cup with nonstick spray, and press to flatten the cookie dough. Add a teaspoon of Nutella. Add a second scoop of cookie dough over the Nutella, pressing gently to cover. Top with chocolate chips, pressing gently to adhere.
- Bake cookie cups for 22 to 24 minutes, until the tops and edges are set, and a tester inserted in the center emerges with a few crumbs. Sprinkle cookie cups with flaky salt and let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Use a thin metal spatula to gently loosen cookie cups from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Make ahead: Prep the cookie cups ahead and chill overnight before baking, or wrap the muffin pan well and freeze for later. When you’re ready to bake, transfer the muffin pan directly from the freezer to the oven and bake as directed, adding 2-3 minutes to the baking time.
Keywords: Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Nutella, Cookie Cups, Cookies