Layered chocolate caramel graham bars make the ultimate treat! With a graham coookie crust, caramel filling, and chocolate topping, you’ll love these bars.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup graham flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp honey
Brown Sugar Caramel
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- flaky salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Whisk together melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until combined.
- Whisk together flour, graham flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; add to butter mixture and fold in until almost incorporated. Add honey and mix until completely incorporated and dough comes together in large pieces.
- Press dough evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake crust for 20 to 24 minutes, until golden and set. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 20 minutes.
- For the brown sugar caramel, combine butter and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and carefully stir in salt and vanilla. Pour warm caramel over graham layer, tilting the pan to coat evenly. Chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to set caramel.
- Place chopped chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth. Pour melted chocolate over caramel layer, smoothing with an offset spatula. Sprinkle bars with sea salt and chill for 1 hour to set chocolate.
- Carefully lift parchment and place bars on a cutting board; cut into squares with a sharp knife. Store leftover bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator; bring to room temperature before serving.
Graham Flour: If you don’t have graham flour on hand, substitute whole wheat flour, graham cracker crumbs, or use a total of 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour.
Keywords: Chocolate, Caramel, Graham