If my previous popsicle posts haven’t convinced you to invest in a mold and stock the freezer with designer pops, perhaps these cherry Amaretto popsicles will. Bright and bold Bing cherry sauce is swirled with a creamy Amaretto (almond liqueur) and coconut milk mixture to create one outstanding pop.
Sweet and creamy, these are absolute dream pops – I think of them as summer on a stick!
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Amaretto
- 2–3 drops pure almond extract
- 2 cups Bing cherries, pitted and quartered
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Amaretto
- For the Amaretto mixture, whisk together coconut milk, sugar, salt, Amaretto, and almond extract in a medium bowl. Chill mixture for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- For the cherry mixture, combine cherries, sugar, and Amaretto in a medium bowl. Let stand 15 minutes, tossing occasionally. Place cherries and their juices in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until cherries have softened. Pour mixture into a food processor and let cool to room temperature. Process until almost smooth, leaving some texture.
- Fill popsicle molds with alternating layers; swirl together with a metal skewer. Freeze for 90 minutes, then insert popsicle sticks and freeze overnight. To unmold, let popsicles stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Carefully remove from molds and serve.
Popsicle molds: I use these.
- Calories: 145
- Carbohydrates: 21