Caramel pecan turtle pie is the perfect no bake pie! Featuring a salted caramel filling, pecan crust, and decadent toppings, you’ll love this layered pie!
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature and cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup salted caramel sauce (from above)
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp powdered gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups cold heavy cream
- Diamond of California Pecan Pie Crust (6 oz)
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce (from above)
- semisweet chocolate shavings
- For the salted caramel sauce, cook sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a heat-resistant spatula. Continue cooking until sugar forms clumps and melts into a light amber colored liquid, about 4-5 minutes. Once the sugar is completely melted, carefully add butter a few pieces at a time, whisking constantly until incorporated. Slowly drizzle in heavy cream while whisking constantly. Let mixture boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and pour into a glass bowl. Stir in vanilla and salt, then let sauce cool for 5 minutes.
- Set aside 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce to serve with the pie. Use the remaining 3/4 cup salted caramel sauce for the mousse filling.
- For the caramel mousse, place cold water in a small bowl. Add powdered gelatin, whisking to combine. Let stand for 3 minutes to bloom. After 3 minutes, add gelatin mixture to 3/4 cup warm caramel sauce, whisking until smooth and completely dissolved.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups cold heavy cream into a chilled mixer bowl fitted with wire whip attachment. Whip cream to stiff peaks, then gently fold in caramel mixture. Transfer caramel mousse to pecan pie crust and chill for 2 hours to set the filling.
- Before serving, pour 1 cup cold heavy cream into a chilled mixer bowl fitted with wire whip attachment. Whip cream to stiff peaks, then transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe decoratively over the pie. Top with reserved caramel sauce and chocolate shavings.
Keywords: Caramel, Salted Caramel, Pecan, Turtle Pie, Pie