Caramel pecan oatmeal creme pies make a delicious fall twist on classic oatmeal creme pies! Perfectly soft and chewy oatmeal cookies are flavored with brown sugar, a touch of cozy cinnamon, and chopped pecans. The cookies (perhaps the best oatmeal cookies ever!) are delicious straight from the oven, and even better with a creamy filling.
Filled with salted caramel sauce and vanilla creme filling, you’ll love these decadent sandwich cookies!
To assemble the sandwich cookies, pipe a ring of filling on half of the cookies, leaving a space in the middle. Spoon salted caramel sauce in the center, then top with remaining cookies, pressing gently together. Sprinkle with flaky salt and enjoy!
Caramel pecan oatmeal creme pies make the perfect sweet treat! Filled with caramel sauce and vanilla creme, you’ll love these decadent sandwich cookies!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce
- flaky salt
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together oats, flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in pecans.
- Use a cookie scoop coated with non-stick spray to form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes while preheating oven to 350°F.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 12 to 14 minutes, until tops and edges are set. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely (if desired, use a round cookie cutter to round the cookies into perfect shape while they cool).
- For the filling, beat butter, salt, and vanilla in a mixer bowl until combined. Reduce speed to low and beat in powdered sugar until incorporated. Add heavy cream and mix on low speed until combined, then beat on medium speed for 1 minute, until light and airy.
- To assemble the sandwich cookies, transfer filling to a large piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe a ring of filling on half the cookies, leaving a space in the middle. Chill cookies for 10 minutes, then spoon about 1 teaspoon of salted caramel sauce to the center. Top with remaining cookies, pressing together gently to sandwich together. Sprinkle sandwich cookies with flaky salt and chill for 20 minutes before serving.
Keywords: Oatmeal Creme Pies, Cream Pies, Sandwich Cookie, Salted Caramel
This recipe is created in partnership with Sur La Table. All opinions expressed are my own.