Buttery shortbread cookies topped with pretty pastel mini chocolate eggs are a spring dream. I like to think of these cookies as shortbread in bloom! Perfect for Easter baskets or your dessert platter, use mixed sizes of fluted biscuit cutters for the rounds, or any pretty floral cookie cutters you have on hand.Print
Rich and buttery Cadbury mini egg shortbread cookies are topped with pretty pastel chocolate eggs for the perfect Easter cookie! Recipe makes 24 cookies.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup crushed Cadbury mini eggs
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until combined; add vanilla bean paste and salt and beat until incorporated. Scrape down bowl as needed. Reduce speed to low and mix in flour just until incorporated and dough begins to come together in large pieces. Scrape dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap, shape into a disk and wrap well. Chill dough in the refrigerator until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured board. Use floured fluted biscuit cutters in various sizes to cut out cookies. Gather scraps, re-roll, and cut until you have a total of 24 cookies. Place cookies on baking sheets and chill for 5 minutes in the refrigerator. Sprinkle rounds with sugar and top with crushed Cadbury mini eggs, pressing gently into the dough. Chill rounds for 15 more minutes.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 12 to 14 minutes, until golden and tops and edges are set (baking time may vary based on the size of the cookie). Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Crushed Cabury eggs: Place Cadbury mini eggs in a heavy ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Keywords: Shortbread, Shortbread Cookies, Cadbury Mini Eggs
Best Christmas Cookies
5 Deliciously Festive Holiday Cookie Recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.