Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Happy Spring! We’re celebrating the new season with Cadbury mini egg brownies for triple chocolate bliss. It doesn’t get much better than an ultra fudgy brownie topped with swirls of fudge frosting and pretty pastel Cadbury mini eggs.
Gloriously rich and fudgy, these one-bowl brownies are the perfect treat for Easter!
P.S. For the blonde version, don’t miss last year’s chocolate dipped blondies. You may just need to have a bake off to choose your favorite bar!
Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies
- Yield: 12 brownies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup Cadbury mini eggs, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper. Place melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir the mixture until combined – the texture will appear granular at this point. Stir in vanilla; add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each one. When the batter is thick and shiny, add the flour and stir until completely incorporated, then beat briskly for 40 more strokes.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula; gently tap pan once to remove air bubbles. Bake for 24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, combine melted butter, vanilla, salt, powdered sugar, cocoa, and milk in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Whisk frosting one more minute, until smooth and glossy. Use an offset spatula to spread frosting over brownies, and sprinkle with chopped mini eggs. Let frosting set for 10 minutes, then cut into squares with a sharp knife (wipe knife clean between cuts).
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrates: 36
Keywords: Cadbury Mini Eggs, Chocolate, Easter
I only have salted butter…if I use this..how much salt should I put? Or should I omit completely?
Hi, I would use 1/8 teaspoon salt. Happy baking! 🙂
Could I double this recipe and make it in a 9×13 inch pan?
Hi Tasha, yes you can! I recommend a rectangular 9 x 13-inch light metal pan (not glass or ceramic) for best results.
How is it that mini eggs make everything a billion times cuter? Seriously, these are adorable AND they look so stinking delicious, too!
These are just so happy!! It’s like nostalgia and new school dessert all in one. Love it!
Man alive, these look awesome.
These look simply dreamy! Cadbury eggs are my fav!
Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate…now that is what I call super yummy. 😀
Ooh, so fudgy and chocolatey! LOVE.
I’ve been trying to ignore the all the Easter candy at the store but just may cave in and buy a bag of Cadbury mini-eggs after reading your scrumptious post! I’m so happy spring is here!
Brownies with a bit of crunch? I’m in! I love the contrasting color of the eggs on those luscious swirls of chocolate! Yaaaas PLEASE! 😀