Butter Almond Ice Cream
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
For a rich and creamy scoop of ice cream, look no further than this butter almond ice cream! Flecked with toasted butter almonds and flavored with a splash of Amaretto and almond extract, this homemade frozen treat is absolutely divine.
I like my scoops stacked on a golden sugar cone, but I have a feeling this ice cream would make a killer sundae (just add salted caramel sauce) or ice cream sandwich (layer scoops between almond snickerdoodle cookies, and prepare to dig in!).Print
Butter Almond Ice Cream
- Yield: 6 cups
Flecked with toasted butter almonds and flavored with a splash of Amaretto and almond extract, this homemade butter almond ice cream is absolutely divine.
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 Tbsp Amaretto
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup whole milk in a small bowl; set aside. Combine remaining whole milk, cream, sugar, salt, almond extract, and Amaretto in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in reserved cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Cook until mixture resembles a thick milk shake and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and cover with plastic wrap, pressing directly on the surface of the mixture. Cool to room temperature, then chill for 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- For the butter almonds, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add almonds, sugar, and salt, and cook, stirring frequently, until almonds are golden (about 5-6 minutes). Remove from heat and pour almonds out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Let cool completely, then freeze butter almonds until ready to use.
- Pour chilled ice cream mixture into frozen cylinder of ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Add butter almonds in the final minute of freezing. Spoon mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze overnight until firm.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Keywords: Almond, Amaretto
The taste of the buttered sugared almonds in this ice cream has to be divine! I love liquer in ice creams! It gives a very distinct grown up taste, love this Laura!