Rich brown butter and roasted pistachios are a perfect match in these brown butter pistachio madeleines! Dipped in vanilla butter glaze and sprinkled with chopped pistachios, these French butter cakes are the perfect spring treat!
Baked in a French madeleine pan for pretty scalloped edges, each cake has slightly crisp edges that yield to soft centers.
With an irresistible vanilla glaze for an extra touch of sweetness, you’ll love a madeleine (or two!) with your mug of afternoon coffee or tea.
Best Christmas Cookies
5 Deliciously Festive Holiday Cookie Recipes!
Dipped in vanilla butter glaze and sprinkled with chopped pistachios, these brown butter pistachio madeleines are the perfect spring treat!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, roasted and salted
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp runny honey
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- chopped pistachios, for topping
- Cook butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until it foams, turns clear, and then turns a medium brown, about 5 minutes. Pour browned butter into a glass measuring cup and let cool for 10 minutes.
- While the brown butter cools, combine sugar and pistachios in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute, until pistachios are finely ground. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and whisk in flour. Combine eggs, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk together until frothy, about 1 minute. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir with a spatula just until combined. Add the cooled brown butter and honey and stir in just until incorporated. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator to rest for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter and flour a nonstick madeleine pan. Use a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop (or 2 spoons) to fill molds with a generous tablespoon of batter. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until puffed and golden, and edges spring back to the touch. Remove madeleines from oven and immediately turn out onto a wire rack or clean tea towel to cool.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, vanilla, milk, and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Set rack with madeleines over a piece of wax paper. Dip madeleines in glaze and sprinkle with chopped pistachios; let glaze set before serving.
Keywords: Brown Butter, Pistachio, Vanilla, Madeleine, French Madeleines
More madeleine recipes you’ll love:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.