Rich and nutty brown butter is a perfect match to pears in these indulgent brown butter pear bars! With a brown butter pear filling and cinnamon graham crust, these bars are a crowd pleaser.
These pear bars are a the cozy fall variation of my reader favorite brown butter cherry bars.
I love the way the creamy Bartlett pears almost melt into the spiced brown butter filling; I’m convinced pears plus brown butter is a combination of pure magic.
Best Christmas Cookies
5 Deliciously Festive Holiday Cookie Recipes!
Perfectly spiced with cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg, these are the most delicious fall dessert bar.
Brown butter pears bars are the perfect dessert bar for pear season! With a brown butter pear filling and cinnamon graham crust, these bars are a crowd pleaser.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup graham flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 cups diced pears
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Make crust: Whisk together flours, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Combine melted butter, sugars, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture and fold in until incorporated. Press dough evenly into bottom of prepared baking dish and bake for 18 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 20 minutes.
- Make filling: Cook butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until it foams, turns clear, and then turns a deep brown, about 6 minutes. Pour browned butter into a glass measuring cup and cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl; add flour, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt and whisk until smooth. Gradually pour in cooled brown butter; whisk until completely blended. Fold in pears and pour filling over crust.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 37 to 38 minutes, until filling is puffed and golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 15 minutes. Carefully lift parchment to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; cut into squares using a serrated knife.
- Store bars in a single layer in an airtight container in the refrigerator; let come to room temperature before serving.
Keywords: Brown Butter Pear Bars, Pear Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.