brown butter cherry chocolate blondies
Brown butter cherry chocolate blondies studded with cherries and chocolate chunks make the best summer dessert bar!
A golden, buttery blondie always catches my eye, especially when glammed up with brown butter, fresh cherries, and just enough chocolate to satisfy my cravings. Studded with sweet-tart jeweled Bing cherries, semisweet chocolate chunks, and finished with flaky salt, these phenomenal bars are ideal for picnics and beach days (just keep them cool until you’re ready to dig in).
Deeply flavored with brown butter and vanilla, a blondie can’t get any better than this. These are simple to throw together too – aside from pitting the cherries, the batter comes together in under 10 minutes, making them the perfect choice for laid-back summer days.
Golden brown butter cherry chocolate blondies studded with cherries and chocolate chunks make the BEST summer dessert bar!
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup Bing cherries, pitted and quartered
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup Bing cherries, pitted and quartered
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- flaky salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Cook butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until it foams, turns clear, and then turns a deep brown, about 6 minutes. Pour brown butter into a medium bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Add brown sugar, egg, extracts, and salt to bowl and whisk until smooth. Fold in flour just until incorporated, then fold cherries and chocolate into batter. Scrape batter into prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper coated with nonstick spray to press batter evenly into pan. Top with remaining cherries and chocolate, pressing gently into the batter; tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 33-35 minutes, until golden and set in the middle, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Sprinkle with flaky salt and cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully lift parchment to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- Store bars in a single layer in an airtight container in the refrigerator; let come to room temperature before serving.
Keywords: Blondies, Bars, Brown Butter, Cherry, Chocolate