Rich and chewy brown butter brownies with perfect crinkle tops make the best brownies!
- 3/4 cup (105 g) flour
- 1/4 cup (24 g) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 tsp (1.5 g) salt
- 6 oz (168 g) semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (112 g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (92 g) lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (100 g), at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk (17 g), at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp (6 g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (170 g) semisweet chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. Cook butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until it foams, turns clear, and then turns a medium brown, about 5 minutes. Pour brown butter over chocolate and let stand for 1 minute, then stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- Gradually whisk in sugars until smooth. Whisk in eggs and egg yolk one at a time, until combined. Whisk in vanilla. Add flour mixture and fold in just until no streaks remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Gently tap pan once to remove air bubbles.
- Bake brownies for 25 to 28 minutes, until the top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Lift parchment and place brownies on a cutting board. Cut into squares with a sharp knife. Store leftover brownies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Freeze Brownies: To freeze brownies, cool completely before wrapping with plastic wrap and foil. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw brownies overnight in the refrigerator (still wrapped to prevent condensation), then bring to room temperature before serving.
Keywords: Chocolate, Brown Butter, Brownies, Crinkle Brownies