- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Combine semisweet chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove pan from heat and whisk in dark brown sugar; whisk in eggs one at a time. Whisk in bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Fold in flour just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake for 24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully lift parchment to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrates: 30