The BEST blueberry streusel bread! This easy blueberry quick bread features a golden streusel topping and delicious vanilla glaze.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Blueberry Quick Bread
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang around the edges; spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- For the streusel topping, combine sugars, cinnamon, salt, and flour in a small bowl. Add melted butter and mix in with a fork until completely incorporated and streusel is crumbly. Chill until ready to use.
- For the bread, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside 1 tablespoon of flour mixture to toss with the blueberries. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine melted butter, buttermilk, Greek yogurt, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in just until almost combined. Toss blueberries with reserved flour mixture and gently fold in.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula; sprinkle with chilled streusel. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until bread is golden, springs back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before using the parchment overhang to carefully lift bread from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over bread and let set before serving.
Baking powder: Use an aluminum-free baking powder to prevent the bread from turning blue
Keywords: Blueberry, Streusel, Crumb Topping, Quick Bread