This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Mini blueberry lemon loaf cakes make the best summer dessert! Bursting with blueberries and brushed with lemon syrup, these pillowy cakes are an optimal way to highlight juicy blueberries and brushing the warm cakes with lemon syrup keeps them moist.
Perfect for indulging and sharing, enjoy these mini blueberry cakes topped with scoops of vanilla ice cream or billows of vanilla whipped cream for an irresistible treat!
More blueberry recipes you’ll love:
Did you try this Blueberry Lemon Loaf Cake Recipe? Let me know by leaving a comment and rating below!Print
Blueberry lemon loaf cakes bursting with blueberries make the best dessert! Serve these mini loaf cakes with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place a baking sheet in oven; spray 4 mini (5 3/4″ x 3 3/4″) loaf pans with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; reserve one tablespoon flour mixture to toss with blueberries.
- Beat butter, sugar, and lemon zest in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add eggs, one at a time. Combine buttermilk, lemon juice, and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with buttermilk mixture (begin and end with flour mixture). Toss blueberries with reserved flour mixture and fold into batter.
- Divide batter evenly between loaf pans and smooth with an offset spatula. Place pans on preheated baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While cakes are baking, make the lemon syrup. Combine lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and syrup thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Remove cakes from oven and brush tops of cakes with lemon syrup. Let stand for 15 minutes, then remove cakes from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.