Featuring a blueberry lavender filling and irresistible brown sugar crumble topping, this blueberry lavender crumble pie is perfect for summer.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp C&H Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 to 4 Tbsp ice water
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup C&H Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Prepare dough: For the crust, combine flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor. Add cubed butter and process for 10 seconds, just until the mixture resembles coarse meal. With the food processor running, add 2 tablespoons ice water in a steady stream through feed tube. If needed, add additional ice water 1 tablespoon at a time, and process just until dough holds together in large clumps (no more than 30 seconds). Wrap dough in plastic and flatten slightly to form a disc. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days, or place in a freezer bag and freeze up to 1 month).
- Prepare crumble topping: Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until large crumbs form. Chill until ready to use.
- Place dough on a floured board and dust dough with flour. Roll out dough (roll dough in one direction, then lift up dough and rotate a quarter turn and roll, then repeat) until dough is a 12 to 13-inch circle. If dough starts to stick, use a bench scraper to lift dough from board. Transfer dough to a 9-inch pie pan; trim overhang to one inch and crimp edges. Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes. Place a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil in the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Prepare filling: Combine sugar and lavender in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute until lavender is finely chopped. Transfer lavender-sugar to a large bowl and whisk in brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add blueberries and lemon juice, and toss to combine.
- Spoon filling into chilled bottom crust and sprinkle with crumble topping. Place pie on preheated baking sheet and bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until golden and filling is bubbling. Cool pie on a wire rack for at least 6 hours before serving (filling thickens as it cools).
Keywords: Blueberry, Lavender, Brown sugar, Pie, Crumble pie