Easy baked vanilla bean doughnuts make the perfect anytime treat! Made in just about 30 minutes with 10 ingredients, these baked vanilla doughnuts emerge from the oven fluffy and golden.
Dipped in vanilla bean glaze and topped with festive sprinkles, these doughnuts are a must try for vanilla lovers! I like using vanilla bean paste (like vanilla extract, only better, with mega vanilla flavor from vanilla bean specks!) or a freshly scraped vanilla bean. For ease, you can also use pure vanilla extract.
How to Make Baked Vanilla Bean Doughnuts
Doughnuts – Place cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, whisking to combine. Combine buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla paste in a medium bowl, whisking until smooth. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and fold in just until incorporated.
Best Christmas Cookies
5 Deliciously Festive Holiday Cookie Recipes!
Pipe Doughnuts – Transfer the batter to a large piping bag and fill each doughnut cup about 3/4 full. Tap the pan sharply to settle the batter and reduce air bubbles.
Bake Doughnuts – Bake doughnuts for about 8 minutes, until golden and the tops spring back when touched. Turn doughnuts out on a wire rack to cool completely. If you only have one doughnut pan, let the pan cool completely and re-spray with nonstick spray between batches.
Vanilla Bean Glaze – To make the glaze, whisk together melted butter, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla paste, and milk in a bowl until smooth.
Glaze Doughnuts – Set rack with cooled doughnuts over a piece of wax paper or parchment and dip doughnut tops into glaze. Top with sprinkles and let the glaze set before serving.Print
Easy baked vanilla bean doughnuts make a delicious treat! Dunked in vanilla glaze, these doughnuts come together in minutes and make a perfect weekend breakfast!
- 2 cups cake flour (see note below)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
Vanilla Bean Glaze
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 3–4 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a standard doughnut pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Combine buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla paste in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in just until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip and fill each doughnut cup 3/4 full.
- Bake about 8 minutes, until the tops spring back when touched. Turn doughnuts out on a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter, allowing pan to cool completely and spraying with nonstick spray in between batches.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla paste, and milk until smooth. Set rack with cooled doughnuts over a piece of waxed paper. Dip doughnut tops into glaze. If desired, top with sprinkles and let set before serving.
To make your own cake flour: For every 1 cup of cake flour, place 2 tablespoons cornstarch in an empty 1-cup measure, then top up with all-purpose flour. Sift the mixture several times to evenly distribute the cornstarch.
Keywords: Doughnuts, Donuts, Vanilla, Vanilla Paste
More baked doughnut recipes to try:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.