Baileys Irish Cream cupcakes make the perfect dessert! You’ll love these rich chocolate cupcakes topped with Baileys frosting and chocolate ganache!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 oz full fat cream cheese, at cool room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two 12-cup standard muffin pans with baking cups.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture. Add sugars, eggs, egg yolk, Baileys Irish Cream, yogurt, oil, and vanilla to flour mixture; whisk in just until incorporated. Whisk in boiling water just until smooth. Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Use a medium cookie scoop coated with nonstick spray to fill each baking cup 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake for 18 to 19 minutes, until cupcakes spring back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool in pans on wire racks for 2 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat butter, cream cheese, and salt in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until combined. Mix in powdered sugar on low speed 1 cup at a time until incorporated, scraping down bowl as needed. Add Baileys Irish Cream and vanilla and mix in on low speed until smooth. Increase speed to medium-high and beat frosting for 1 minute, until light and airy.
- Transfer frosting to a large piping bag fitted with a large star tip and decorate cupcakes. Chill frosted cupcakes for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, make the ganache.
- For the ganache, place chopped chocolate and salt in a medium heat-proof bowl. Bring heavy cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, heating until bubbles form at the edge of the pan. Pour warm heavy cream over chocolate. Cover the bowl and let stand for 1 minute, then stir with a spatula until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Let ganache stand at room temperature for 20 minutes to cool and thicken slightly before using.
- Drizzle ganache over cupcakes and let set before serving. Store leftover cupcakes covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Chocolate Ganache: You will probably have some extra ganache. Store leftover ganache covered in the refrigerator for up to a month; rewarm in 10-second bursts in the microwave and stir until smooth before using.
Keywords: Baileys Irish Cream, Chocolate Cupcakes, Cupcakes, Ganache