Baileys Irish Cream Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
If you love cocoa powder brownies, you’ll love these ultra rich and fudgy Baileys Irish Cream brownies. With plenty of Irish Cream in both the brownie batter and the one-bowl fudge frosting, these frosted fudge brownies are for the true chocoholic.
Top with a sprinkle of flaky salt to enhance the flavor even more, and enjoy these brownies for St. Patrick’s Day with a glass of cold milk (or Irish Cream, of course!).
More delicious brownie recipes:
- Ultimate Crinkle Brownies
- Fudgy Homemade Turtle Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- Brown Butter Brownies
Baileys Irish Cream Brownies
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 minutes
- Total Time: 54 minutes
- Yield: 12 brownies
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Rich and fudgy Baileys Irish Cream brownies topped with swirls of fudge frosting are the perfect chocolate treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp Irish Cream
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 Tbsp Irish Cream
- 1 Tbsp milk
- flaky salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir the mixture until combined – the texture will appear granular at this point. Stir in vanilla and Irish Cream; add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each one. When the batter is thick and shiny, add the flour and stir until completely incorporated, then beat briskly for 40 more strokes.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula; gently tap pan once to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 23 to 24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, combine melted butter, vanilla, salt, powdered sugar, cocoa, Irish Cream, and milk in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Whisk frosting one more minute, until smooth and glossy. Use an offset spatula to spread frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with flaky salt and cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Keywords: Baileys Irish Cream, Irish Cream, Brownies, Chocolate
These brownies are delicious! If you are looking for a rich chocolate brownie this recipe is for you. I loved the frosting and the Irish Cream being added to both frosting and batter.
Thanks so much, Cece! Glad you tried this recipe! 🙂
Looks so yummy!! I’m wondering if the frosting safe for kids? Hope you can advise. Thanks.
Thanks Kaei! The Irish cream in the frosting divided over 12-16 servings is about 1/2 teaspoon or less per serving. But you can always substitute milk instead of the Irish cream, for a total of 3 tablespoons milk in the frosting. Hope that helps! 🙂
Omg, yass! Baileys and chocolate are a match made in heaven! These look incredible my friend!
Laura, I love, love, love the new design! It’s beautiful and showcases your amazing sweets so perfectly! I love it all! (Did I say I love it?!) 😉
Thank you so much, Jean! Still tweaking a few things, but nearly there. 🙂
These brownies look utterly delicious!! BEAUTIFUL SWIRLS! And I simply love the new look to your site!! BRAVO 🙂
Thank you dear! ❤️
Just found your blog, love everything I see!
Thank you so much! 🙂
GORgeous! sharing <3
Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day (or pretty much any day 🙂 Love your new blog look, too!
WOW!! These look delicious. I need them tomorrow for sure!!
Oh, my gosh, you’re killing me with these photos!! What glorious brownies–and that icing is SO dreamy!!! This is the way my family would like to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
Brownies are a favorite of my resident chocolate lover. Adding Baileys is swoon worthy!
Love your new site design and these brownies! Have a great weekend Laura!
Thank you so much, have a great weekend! 🙂
Laura, I tasted these brownies and they melted in my mouth…do you think it was the Bailey’s Irish Creme?
I will never be satisfied with plain old brownies again.
I like your new sweet spot, and your new pic. Sweet!
First, I love the new site design Laura! looks awesome! And so do these brownies! I love the double the Irish Cream in the brownies and the frosting! Decadent, and so perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
Thanks so much, Mary Ann! Happy Friday! 🙂