I can’t think of a more festive holiday loaf than this quick bread. With apples, cranberries, and pistachios (and an apple-cinnamon glaze), this bread is the epitome of Christmas in both presentation and taste.
Nearly fall-apart tender, the bread keeps well and the flavors only intensify with age. Whether you wrap up a loaf as a gift or enjoy it with your family for breakfast, it’s sure to become a new seasonal favorite.
Moist and delicious apple, cranberry, and pistachio bread topped with spiced glaze, dried cranberries, and chopped pistachios. Festive and perfect for the holidays!
Best Christmas Cookies
5 Deliciously Festive Holiday Cookie Recipes!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup peeled and grated apple
- 6 Tbsp powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp apple juice
- 1 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine apple juice, oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in cranberries, pistachios, and apple. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top with an offset spatula.
- Bake for 50 to 52 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. If bread is browning too quickly, cover with foil. Bread is done when golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove bread from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, cinnamon, and apple juice in a small bowl. Set rack with bread over a piece of wax paper and drizzle with glaze; top with cranberries and pistachios and let set before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
Keywords: Apple, Cranberry, Pistachio, Quick Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.