Amaretto bundt cake makes a simple and scrumptious dessert for spring. Flavored with Amaretto and almond paste, this golden cake is divine!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 oz almond paste, cubed
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Amaretto
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/16 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 Tbsp Amaretto
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 10-cup bundt pan generously with nonstick spray. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter, almond paste, and sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time. Combine buttermilk, Amaretto, and almond extract in a small bowl. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with buttermilk mixture (begin and end with flour mixture), just until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until cake is golden, springs back to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; carefully invert onto rack and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, almond extract, Amaretto, milk, and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over cake and let set before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Baking pan: I used this Brilliance Bundt Pan.
Keywords: Amaretto, Almond Paste, Almond, Bundt Cake, Cake