- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 ounces almond paste, cubed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp Amaretto (or 1/8 tsp almond extract)
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 6 Tbsp powdered sugar, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Place almond paste, sugar, and lemon zest in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute. Beat coconut oil and almond paste mixture in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat in Amaretto. Reduce speed to low and add half of flour mixture, beating just to combine. Add buttermilk, then finish with remaining flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake for 55 minutes, until cake springs back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; carefully remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, salt, lemon zest, and juice in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake and let set before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Calories: 224
- Carbohydrates: 36