- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 7 ounces almond paste, grated and divided
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 3 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp roasted almonds, chopped
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter, half of the almond paste, and brown sugar together in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg, vanilla, and almond extract until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips, chopped almonds, and remaining almond paste. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets; flatten mounds slightly. Top cookies with remaining chocolate chips and chopped almonds, pressing to adhere.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for about 12 minutes, until lightly golden and tops and edges are set. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Calories: 150
- Carbohydrates: 20
Keywords: Almond, Almond Paste, Chocolate, Chocolate Chip