chocolate toffee oatmeal cookie bars
Let’s kick off the week with the best ever chocolate toffee oatmeal cookie bars! Rich and chewy, these easy cookie bars are like your favorite oatmeal chocolate cookies, baked into bars for all the deliciousness without the fuss of scooping cookie dough.
Studded with chocolate chips and toffee bits, this base recipe is infinitely adaptable – feel free to use a blend of dark and milk chocolate, or toss in peanut butter chips, or use chocolate chunks instead of chips.
Whatever you have on hand will work well in these epic cookie bars – just don’t skip the extra chocolate chip and flaky salt topping! 🙂
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups toffee bits
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Flaky salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, oats, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg, egg yolks, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Scrape dough into prepared pan. Use a piece of parchment paper coated with nonstick spray to press dough evenly across the bottom of the pan. Top with chocolate chips, pressing gently into the dough.
- Bake for 28 to 32 minutes, until golden and just set in the center. Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky salt. Let bars cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares with a sharp knife.
Keywords: Chocolate, Chocolate Chips, Toffee, Cookie Bars