- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 cup fresh blackberries (slice large berries in half)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Spray parchment paper lightly with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside 1 tablespoon of flour mixture to toss with blackberries.
- Place sugar and lemon zest in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute. Beat butter and lemon-sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Combine yogurt and buttermilk in a small bowl. Reduce speed to low and add half of flour mixture, beating just to combine. Add yogurt mixture, then finish with remaining flour mixture.
- Toss blackberries with reserved flour mixture and gently fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top with an offset spatula.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until cake springs back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; carefully lift cake from pan and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, lemon zest, milk, and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over cake and and let set before serving.
Keywords: Blackberry, Lemon, Loaf Cake, Pound Cake