- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 7 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 7 cups strawberry ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F and spray two 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick spray. Line the pans with rounds of parchment paper, and spray parchment lightly with nonstick spray.
- For the brownie cake, place melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir the mixture until combined – the texture will appear granular at this point. Stir in vanilla; add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each one. When the batter is thick and shiny, add the flour and stir until completely incorporated, then beat briskly for 40 more strokes.
- Divide batter evenly between cake pans and smooth with an offset spatula; tap pans sharply to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 26 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack. Once the brownie layers are completely cool, turn out of pans and remove parchment. Freeze flat on a baking sheet until ready to assemble.
- For the ice cream layers, line two 8-inch round cake pans with plastic wrap. Add softened ice cream to each pan and press into an even layer. Cover and let ice cream layers freeze for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, spoon strawberry preserves over the strawberry ice cream. Spread evenly with an offset spatula, then freeze for 30 minutes to set.
- To assemble the cake, place 2 pieces of plastic wrap on the counter. Place one frozen brownie layer on top of the plastic wrap, then top with the vanilla ice cream layer. Repeat with second brownie layer and strawberry ice cream layer (place jam side down). Wrap up cake with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- For the ganache, place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. Pour heavy cream into a small saucepan and bring just to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour warm heavy cream over chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes before stirring until smooth.
- Let ganache cool for 5 minutes, then pour over the top of the ice cream cake in a single motion. Working quickly, spread ganache evenly with an offset spatula, letting the excess drip down the sides of the cake. Return cake to freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- For the vanilla whipped cream, pour heavy cream into a chilled mixer bowl fitted with wire whip attachment. Beat cream on medium-high speed until cream begins to thicken; gradually add powdered sugar. Add vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer vanilla whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe decoratively over ganache. Return to freezer for 20 minutes to set.
- Dip a sharp knife in hot water and wipe dry before slicing cake. Serve with fresh strawberries.
Make ahead: Ice cream cake can be made in advance – after the ganache is set, wrap the cake and freeze for up to 3 days. Add the vanilla whipped cream and strawberries when you’re ready to serve.
Keywords: Neapolitan, Brownie, Ice Cream Cake, Ice Cream, Chocolate, Strawberry