- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup graham flour*
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bourbon (optional)
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- flaky salt
- Whisk together flour, graham flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and bourbon until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chopped chocolate and chocolate chips. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets; flatten mounds slightly and top cookies with chopped chocolate, pressing gently to adhere.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 11 to 12 minutes, until edges are set. Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky salt. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Graham Flour: I used Bob’s Red Mill. You can also substitute 1/2 cup of another alternative flour, or use 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (8 graham cracker sheets, pulsed to fine crumbs).
Keywords: Graham, Graham Flour, Chocolate, Chocolate Chunk, Cookie, Chocolate Chip Cookie