- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp loose leaf Earl Grey tea
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp Meyer lemon zest
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp fresh Meyer lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Combine milk and Earl Grey tea in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat just until warm. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes; strain through a mesh strainer, pressing firmly on the tea. Stir in yogurt.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Place sugar and Meyer lemon zest in a food processor and pulse for one minute.
- Beat butter and Meyer lemon-sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add half of flour mixture, beating just to combine. Add milk mixture, then finish with remaining flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top with an offset spatula and tap pan sharply. Bake for 50 minutes, until edges are golden, cake springs back to the touch, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; carefully remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, Meyer lemon zest, juice, and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake and and let set before serving.
Keywords: Meyer Lemon, Earl Grey, Cake