- 1 pound (16 oz/452 grams) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz/397grams) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp instant espresso, dissolved in 1 Tbsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Combine chopped chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and salt in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring frequently, until smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in dissolved instant espresso, peppermint extract, and vanilla.
- Pour fudge into prepared pan, tapping pan sharply for a minute to help air bubbles escape. Smooth top with an offset spatula and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Chill fudge in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set.
- Lift parchment to remove fudge from pan and place on a cutting board. Run a sharp knife under hot water and wipe dry; trim any ragged edges. Dip and wipe the knife between cuts, and cut fudge into 24 squares.
Instant espresso: I recommend Starbucks VIA
Keywords: Chocolate, Peppermint, Fudge