peppermint mocha fudge
Homemade fudge is such a festive and beautiful treat for holiday gifting and gatherings! Flavored with a touch of instant espresso and peppermint extract, this peppermint mocha fudge comes together in minutes, making it easy to indulge in again and again. Sprinkled with sparkling crushed candy canes, each square is deliciously smooth and creamy, with the rich flavors of the holidays.
My top tips for perfect fudge: Use high quality semisweet chocolate bars (now is not the time for chocolate chips or the microwave!), and line the pan and assemble the ingredients before you begin. Slowly and evenly melt the chocolate over a double boiler for perfect fudge, every time!
- 1 pound (16 oz/452 grams) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz/397grams) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp instant espresso, dissolved in 1 Tbsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Combine chopped chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and salt in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring frequently, until smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in dissolved instant espresso, peppermint extract, and vanilla.
- Pour fudge into prepared pan, tapping pan sharply for a minute to help air bubbles escape. Smooth top with an offset spatula and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Chill fudge in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set.
- Lift parchment to remove fudge from pan and place on a cutting board. Run a sharp knife under hot water and wipe dry; trim any ragged edges. Dip and wipe the knife between cuts, and cut fudge into 24 squares.
Instant espresso: I recommend Starbucks VIA
Keywords: Chocolate, Peppermint, Fudge