pumpkin spice crumb muffins
Pumpkin spice crumb muffins make a delicious fall treat!
When it comes to crumb muffins, I’m firmly in the more crumbs, the merrier camp. These pumpkin spice crumb muffins are exactly the right ratio to me – perfectly spiced pumpkin muffins, piled high with buttery golden crumbs. Look no further than this recipe for fall breakfast heaven!
Featuring a golden crumb topping and soft and tender crumb, these bakery style muffins remind me of pumpkin coffee cake. Sweetly spiced with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves, it’s easy to see why these muffins are irresistible down to the last crumb.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a 12-cup standard muffin pan with baking cups; spray baking cups lightly with cooking spray. For the crumb topping, combine sugars, rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl; add melted butter and toss mixture with a fork until crumbly. Chill topping in the freezer until needed.
- Whisk together rolled oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in just until incorporated.
- Fill each baking cup 3/4 full of batter and sprinkle evenly with crumb topping. Place muffin pan in the oven and bake for 5 minutes at 425°F. Reduce temperature to 350°F and continue baking 13 to 15 minutes (for a total baking time of 18 to 20 minutes), until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Let muffins cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from pan to cool.
Keywords: Pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice, Crumb Topping, Muffin, Breakfast