- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Cook butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until it foams, turns clear, and then turns a deep brown, about 6 minutes. Pour brown butter into a medium bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add bourbon and brown sugar to bowl, and whisk until smooth. Whisk in egg, vanilla, and salt until combined. Fold in flour just until incorporated, then fold in chopped pecans and toffee bits. Scrape batter into prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper coated with nonstick spray to press batter evenly into pan; tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 24 to 28 minutes, until golden and set in the middle, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully lift parchment to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- For the topping, place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth (about 1 1/2 minutes). Transfer melted chocolate to a small piping bag and drizzle over blondies. Sprinkle with toffee bits and let chocolate set before serving.
Keywords: Bourbon, Pecan, Toffee