oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies
Chocolate is my one true love and I firmly believe that every oatmeal cookie must have chocolate. These cookies are everything you love in an oatmeal cookie (soft and chewy, with plenty of brown sugar and vanilla), plus everything you love in a chocolate chunk cookie (all the chocolate!).
A mix of semisweet and milk chocolate chunks make these cookies especially rich and indulgent. Sprinkled with flaky salt, this may just be the perfect oatmeal cookie for chocolate lovers.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 oz milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- flaky salt
- Whisk together oats, flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets (9 per baking sheet). Top with chocolate, pressing gently to adhere.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 12 to 13 minutes, until edges are set. Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky salt. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.