There’s nothing sweeter or more effortless for summer than a peach blueberry crisp. Baked until golden and bubbling, peaches and blueberries shine in this simple dessert that celebrates the best of the season.
A splash of lemon juice and peach liqueur create a bright and flavorful filling that’s a delicious complement to the golden crumble topping (and if you’re short on time, feel free to skip peeling the peaches). Served up still warm with generous scoops of vanilla ice cream, this crisp is one to have on repeat all summer long.
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch (or 6 Tbsp cornstarch)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 1/2 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 Tbsp peach liqueur (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Place a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil in the oven and preheat to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch round or square baking dish.
- For the crumble topping, combine oats, sliced almonds, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until well combined and large crumbs form. Chill until ready to use.
- For the filling, whisk together sugar, arrowroot starch, and salt in a large bowl. Add peaches, blueberries, peach liqueur, and lemon juice to sugar mixture and toss together just until combined. Spoon filling into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with crumble topping.
- Place baking dish on preheated baking sheet and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until golden and filling is bubbling. Cool crisp on a wire rack for 1 hour before serving.
Arrowroot starch is a natural thickener and creates a smooth, shiny sauce. Available online or in the natural foods section.
Keywords: peach, blueberry