With shiny, crackled tops and rich, fudgy centers, these salted brownie cookies are the ultimate chocolate cookie for brownie and chocolate lovers. Incorporating just a handful of ingredients, this recipe is really all about the chocolate, so use the best quality chocolate you can. There’s no dough chilling here, but temperature and timing are key to successful cookies, so this method works best if you prep all the ingredients before you start.
Baked until soft and chewy and sprinkled with flaky salt, these super indulgent cookies are delicious with coffee or even a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream (and the perfect way to get your chocolate fix!).
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- flaky salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Place chocolate and butter in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine eggs, sugars, and vanilla in a large mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment and whisk together on medium speed for exactly 5 minutes. Reduce speed to low and beat in melted chocolate for 1 minute. Add flour mixture and mix on low speed for 20 seconds, just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips (dough will resemble a gooey brownie batter).
- Use a cookie scoop coated lightly with nonstick spray to form the cookies – invert the scoop just above the baking sheets, spacing cookies 3 inches apart. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 12 to 14 minutes, until tops are shiny and crackly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky salt. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: Chocolate, Brownie Cookies