- 2 cups cake flour (see note below)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp Watkins coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp Watkins baking vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp unsalted unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp Watkins coconut extract
- 1/4 tsp Watkins baking vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a standard doughnut pan with nonstick spray. Whisk together cake flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Combine coconut milk, eggs, melted butter, and extracts in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in just until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip and fill each doughnut cup 3/4 full. Bake about 8 minutes, until the tops spring back when touched. Turn doughnuts out on a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter, allowing pan to cool completely and spraying with nonstick spray in between batches.
- Set rack with cooled doughnuts over a piece of waxed paper. For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, coconut milk, extracts, and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Dip doughnut tops into glaze, sprinkle with flaked coconut, and let glaze set before serving.
To make your own cake flour: place 2 tablespoons cornstarch in an empty 1-cup measure, then top up with flour. Sift the mixture several times to evenly distribute the cornstarch.
Keywords: Coconut, Coconut Milk, Doughnut