- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp Irish Cream
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 Tbsp Irish Cream
- 1 Tbsp milk
- flaky salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper. Place melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir the mixture until combined – the texture will appear granular at this point. Stir in vanilla and Irish Cream; add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each one. When the batter is thick and shiny, add the flour and stir until completely incorporated, then beat briskly for 40 more strokes.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula; gently tap pan once to remove air bubbles. Bake for 23 to 24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, combine melted butter, vanilla, salt, powdered sugar, cocoa, Irish Cream, and milk in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Whisk frosting one more minute, until smooth and glossy. Use an offset spatula to spread frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with flaky salt and cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Keywords: Baileys Irish Cream, Irish Cream, Brownies