nutella fudge cookies
Let’s not let Valentine’s week pass us by without ridiculously easy (and seriously delicious!) Nutella fudge cookies. Reminiscent of a rich and fudgy crinkle cookie, these may just be the Nutella cookie to top all other Nutella cookies.
A touch of espresso and sprinkle of flaky salt keeps the sweetness in check, bringing out the rich chocolate flavor. When devoured straight from the oven, each bite reminds me of a freshly baked brownie. Soft, fudgy, completely irresistible.. these cookies are my new favorite way to indulge in Nutella.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (or almond or peanut butter)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso (recommended: Starbucks VIA)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- flaky salt, for topping
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat Nutella, cashew butter, and sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until smooth. Add egg, instant espresso, and vanilla; beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and mix in flour mixture on low speed until combined. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 10 to 11 minutes, until tops are set and crackly. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack. Sprinkle cookies with flaky salt and let cool completely.