A classic fudge brownie never goes out of style, and triple chocolate brownies are no exception. Rich and decadent, these brownies are chocolate bliss.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- flaky salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper. Place melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir the mixture until combined – the texture will appear granular at this point. Stir in vanilla; add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each one. When the batter is thick and shiny, add the flour and stir until completely incorporated, then beat briskly for 40 more strokes. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula; gently tap pan once to remove air bubbles. Top with chocolate chips, pressing slightly into the batter. Bake for 24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt and cut into squares with a sharp knife.