- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp Meyer lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl. Place sugar and Meyer lemon zest in a food processor and pulse for one minute. Beat butter and Meyer lemon-sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg, lemon juice, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (If cookie dough has chilled overnight, let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before baking). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Place powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Scoop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and roll in powdered sugar to coat; place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 12 to 15 minutes, until edges are set and tops are matte (not shiny). Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Calories: 135
- Carbohydrates: 21
Keywords: Meyer Lemon, Crinkle Cookies, Cookies