- 4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup roasted and salted pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted almonds, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp fresh orange zest
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- chopped dried apricots
- chopped roasted pistachios
- toasted coconut chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Combine oats, pistachios, almonds, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl. Add coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and orange zest; toss to coat. Whisk egg white in a small bowl until frothy (about 1 minute); add to oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Use an offset spatula to spread mixture into an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, then use a large spatula to flip sections of granola. Press back into an even layer, rotate pan, and bake another 20-25 minutes. When granola is golden and feels dry to the touch, turn off oven and leave pan in oven for another 10 minutes to continue drying.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely (the granola crisps as it cools). When completely cool, break into clusters. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks. When serving, top with dried apricots, chopped pistachios, and toasted coconut chips.
If nuts are not salted, increase salt to 1/2 teaspoon. If your oven runs hot, bake granola at 290°F.