We’re nearly midway through July, and it’s time for an effortless dessert with a decidedly tropical feel. Enter this key lime coconut macadamia tart – while it’s not quite the same as a Hawaiian vacation, one bite will momentarily transport you to an island paradise.
If you love key lime pie, you’ll fall for this tart. With the classic creamy, tangy lime filling atop an irresistible coconut macadamia graham crust, this bright and flavorful tart is my kind of summer dessert.
- 9 sheets honey graham crackers
- 1/4 cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp fresh lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. For the crust, combine graham crackers, macadamia nuts, and toasted coconut in a food processor and pulse together to form crumbs. Mix in sugar and salt, then add vanilla, coconut extract, and coconut oil, and pulse until incorporated. Press mixture tightly into the bottom and up the sides of a 14-inch rectangular removable-bottom tart pan. Bake crust for about 10 minutes, until lightly golden and set. Cool crust for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- For the filling, whisk together egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl. Add lime zest, lime juice, and salt, whisking until smooth. Pour filling over crust and smooth with an offset spatula. Bake for about 15 minutes, until set (center will jiggle slightly). Cool tart for 1 hour on a wire rack, then transfer to the refrigerator until chilled, about 2 hours.
- For the whipped cream, combine heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a chilled mixer bowl fitted with wire whip attachment. Whip on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Pipe whipped cream onto tart, and garnish with macadamia nuts, lime zest, and lime wedges.
Crust adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Keywords: Key Lime, Coconut, Macadamia