oatmeal cashew butter cookie bars
Happy Friday, let’s kick off the weekend with oatmeal cashew butter cookie bars! These chewy cookie bars are flavored with creamy cashew butter, brown sugar, and vanilla, and baked with healthier fats (cashew butter and coconut oil). Feel free to swap in almond butter, peanut butter, or even cookie butter, and if you feel inclined to mix in toffee bits or mini chocolate chips to the cookie base, go for it – this is one cookie bar to make your own!
Finished with a generous drizzle of chocolate and flaky sea salt (because where there’s chocolate, I’m forever adding salt), these oatmeal cashew butter cookie bars are the ideal weekend treat.
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, toasted
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt (see note below)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, solid state
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- flaky salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, toasted oats, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Beat coconut oil, cashew butter, and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beating to combine. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated.
- Scrape dough into prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper lightly coated with nonstick spray to press dough evenly into pan. Bake bars for 16 to 17 minutes, until top and edges are golden and set. Cool completely in baking pan on a wire rack.
- For the topping, place chopped chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cookie bars and sprinkle with flaky salt. Let chocolate set before cutting into bars.
Reduce salt to 1/2 teaspoon if your cashew butter (or other nut butter) contains added salt. To toast oats, spread in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for about ten minutes, stirring halfway through, until golden and fragrant.
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrates: 28
Keywords: Cashew Butter, Chocolate, Cookie Bar