Crumb cake meets pound cake in this absolute gem of a cake. Richly infused with Irish Cream liqueur and topped with a lavish layer of buttery crumbs, this plush and golden loaf is absolutely irresistible (translation: this is the cake you carve into thin slivers at midnight, or slice into thick slabs for a late morning snack).
Whether you bake this everyday cake for St. Patrick’s Day or simply on an afternoon whim, I know you’ll find it delicious down to the very last crumb.
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp Irish Cream
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. For the crumb topping, whisk together sugar, brown sugar, flour, and salt in a small bowl; add melted butter and Irish Cream, and toss mixture with a fork until crumbly. Chill topping in the freezer until needed.
- For the cake, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy; beat in egg, and vanilla. Combine yogurt and Irish Cream in a small bowl. Reduce speed to low and add half of flour mixture, beating just to combine. Add yogurt mixture, then finish with remaining flour mixture.
- Scrape batter into prepared baking pan (batter will be thick) and smooth with an offset spatula; tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles and sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake for 55 to 58 minutes, until edges are golden, cake springs back to the touch, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; carefully remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Recommended: Place cooling rack over a piece of parchment paper to catch any crumbs that fall off as you remove cake from the pan – simply sprinkle them back on the cake (or eat and enjoy!).
- Calories: 228
- Carbohydrates: 36